Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Aberdeen with Alex

 

 
 
 

My partner in crime, Alex and I, decided to take a couch surfing trip to Aberdeen for two nights. We stayed with a lovely host, Janine which couldn't have been a better fit for us.  She was so easy going and inviting. We were both noobs to couch surfing, and it couldn't have been a better first experience. The seed was planting that would lead me to my next solo couch surfing trip. The highlight of our stay was seeing Dunnottar Castle.

Alex and I
 
 
As you can see the castle's location upon a rocky cliff is quite the perfect location. We walked along the coastline, catching magnificent views of the north sea. We actually were able to see a few seals not too far off from shore below us! The tide pools and rocky shore was just amazing. The rocks were polished smooth from the tide and there were so many different colors, shapes, and sizes of stones.
 
 
 
 It was so out of this world being there. It brought me back in time. I could almost see the knights in armor and blood being shed.

No comments:

Post a Comment